Conference at RSM (Paediatrics and Child Health Section)
Mental health / Learning together – lsp study day
16th April 2019, Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE
This fantastic meeting aimed at students, trainees and consultants will bring together specialists from both paediatrics and child and adolescent mental health services.
Covering a wide range of topics, including practical approaches to mental health crises and self-harm management of eating disorders, medically unexplained symptoms, and somatisation disorders and therapeutic approaches.
This will be a wonderful opportunity to network and learn together across specialties about the current management of mental health conditions in children and young people
This meeting will develop an understanding of the key priorities in child and adolescent mental health, and provide information and practical advice on diagnostic and management issues, and encourage multidisciplinary discussion and learning.
- Diagnosis and management of common psychiatric disorders, including medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorder.
- The current epidemiology of child and adolescent mental health.
- The medical management of eating disorders.
- The role of the paediatrician in an acute mental health crises and emergency department presentations of acute psychiatric illness.
- The role of the paediatrician following self-harm and explore ways to make it meaningful and helpful for young people.
- Overlap between mental and physical ill health and what can be done about it.
For more information visit https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/pdm12